Friday, June 18, 2010

Finding the Time to Write!



It is 5:00 in the morning, and I am wide-awake. It seems that my internal clock has chosen this as my new wake up time. The house is quiet and the birds outside are making the neighborhood aware of their existence. (I am happy to report that after waiting a month, I finally have birds coming to my new bird feeder, YAY)

I started on a new WIP yesterday. What I thought was going to be a possible short story series quickly turned into a novella or novel series. I love the feeling of starting something new. My heart races and my fingers type as if they are on autopilot. The world stops around me, and I completely submerge myself into the new world that I am creating. When it’s good, it isn’t work—it’s pure enjoyment!

Someone asked me yesterday, “between going to College, being a mom, working, and taking care of the house, how on earth do you find time to write?” My response, “writing is my outlet from all of those things. It’s not a task, but a sense of strength in my life. I find the time because I love it!”
I don’t mind when 5am rolls around and the characters in my head are awake and ready to start their day—now if I could just convince myself to work out at that time!  Oh well, another day maybe J   

Do you find it a struggle to find the time to write?


Currently Reading

4 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Yes, but I manage to make time, too. I'm getting up earier which helps a lot.

Kristy Philbrick said...

@Jennifer I have found that to be a huge help. It's a good start to my day, the only issue is letting go when it's time to be done!

Sarah Callejo said...

I have been finding it a bit difficult lately, but I just have to get more organized and not let anything interfere with my set time.

Kristy Philbrick said...

@Sarah I think that is is the key. If you set out some time for it, turn everything off. I know that I can easily be distracted, and sometimes I lose that great line my character was going to say, or even the next scene!

Post a Comment